There is Life After the Thesis

After chronicling my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences throughout the thesis process on this blog (formerly entitled Rites of a Thesis), it seemed odd to me to simply let the blog go just because I had turned in my thesis and graduated. I don't want to merely "shelve" my thesis nor do I want all that I got from my time at Naropa to lie dormant. I want my thesis to continue to live and breathe and become, and I would like all the teachings and experiences I had during my time at Naropa to do the same. So I am keeping the blog (changing the title), and am commiting to myself to (w)rite on as I journey forward.

Monday, March 1, 2010

The EYES of March

This month, I am committing myself to seeing with a new pair of eyes. Especially looking at my thesis with beginner's eye, so that I can approach this phase of the process with clarity, excitement, and wonder. I can also approach it with a wee-bit of wisdom, taking what I know and what I have experienced and using that to guide and serve as well.

My eyes are tired and my mind is jumbled, and yet I know that with gentle discipline, willingness, and an open mind and heart (and a good sense of humor), the task before me is do-able and most definitely do-able well.

MARCHing on...

No comments: