There is Life After the Thesis

After chronicling my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences throughout the thesis process on this blog (formerly entitled Rites of a Thesis), it seemed odd to me to simply let the blog go just because I had turned in my thesis and graduated. I don't want to merely "shelve" my thesis nor do I want all that I got from my time at Naropa to lie dormant. I want my thesis to continue to live and breathe and become, and I would like all the teachings and experiences I had during my time at Naropa to do the same. So I am keeping the blog (changing the title), and am commiting to myself to (w)rite on as I journey forward.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Good Timing!

A friend of mine receives these bits of wisdom from a source called The Daily Motivator from her brother, via email. She, in turn, passes them on to me and some of her other friends.

One (she usually sends me a few at a time) I received this evening was this:

Embrace discipline

Run away from discipline, and it punishes you. Embrace
discipline, and it enables you to do magnificent things.

You can decide to discipline yourself, or you will surely
and eventually have discipline forced upon you. It is far
better to choose it for yourself, so you can fashion with it
whatever you desire.

You already have the ability to act with self-discipline.
Make use of that ability by making it a constant habit.

Discipline doesn't cost you. It pays, over and over again.
Discipline makes what you already have, more valuable. And
with discipline you can create much more new value.

Do what is in the best interest of everyone involved, even
when it is not comfortable or easy at the moment. Long after
the immediate inconvenience and discomfort are gone, you'll
be enjoying the rewards of choosing to discipline yourself.

Ralph Marston

Amen.

No comments: