There is Life After the Thesis

After chronicling my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences throughout the thesis process on this blog (formerly entitled Rites of a Thesis), it seemed odd to me to simply let the blog go just because I had turned in my thesis and graduated. I don't want to merely "shelve" my thesis nor do I want all that I got from my time at Naropa to lie dormant. I want my thesis to continue to live and breathe and become, and I would like all the teachings and experiences I had during my time at Naropa to do the same. So I am keeping the blog (changing the title), and am commiting to myself to (w)rite on as I journey forward.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Need Some Repose, I Suppose

Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work. ~ Ralph Marston

Funny (ironic, not "ha, ha") that "repose" is one of my students' vocabulary words this month. Mine as well, then, to be sure. So while my students will use it in a sentence on their test tomorrow, I am using it in my blog-post title this evening.

I am completely over-the-top tired. Under-my-desk tired. And, really, just plain, old I-gotta-go-lay-on-my-couch-but-really-should-just-go-to-bed tired!

I think I'm just going to take my cue to chill and stop for today from some that are probably much wiser than me:

Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. ~ Ovid

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.
~ Attributed to both Jim Goodwin and Sydney J. Harris

For fast-acting relief, try slowing down. ~ Lily Tomlin

And, so: good night.

1 comment:

dmh said...

I not only hear what you are saying I feel it in every bone of my be-ing-ness.

Love you lots! Thanks for your support and encouragement!