There is Life After the Thesis

After chronicling my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences throughout the thesis process on this blog (formerly entitled Rites of a Thesis), it seemed odd to me to simply let the blog go just because I had turned in my thesis and graduated. I don't want to merely "shelve" my thesis nor do I want all that I got from my time at Naropa to lie dormant. I want my thesis to continue to live and breathe and become, and I would like all the teachings and experiences I had during my time at Naropa to do the same. So I am keeping the blog (changing the title), and am commiting to myself to (w)rite on as I journey forward.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

All I Nose...

...is that I've got a really bad cold, and if it weren't for the fact that sub-plans take way too long to write - and that I had too much new stuff to introduce today - I would have taken the day off from work.

Because not walking the dog is not an option, and sleeping in today was a necessity, I opted to for go my personal journal writing and morning reading and meditation. I am irked that I missed my meditation because my track record has been so good and I know that it really is a touchstone for my day. But something had to give.

Got a Facebook tip from Missy: The Soul of Education (Rachel Kessler) has a section on initiation. Funny that I'd found something else in the Kessler book that I had looked at and for some reason neglected to see the chapter on initiation. Thank God other people's awareness is up when mine's not.

Letting everything else go for the day now. I feel like crap. As Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day."

And so it is...

No comments: