There is Life After the Thesis

After chronicling my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences throughout the thesis process on this blog (formerly entitled Rites of a Thesis), it seemed odd to me to simply let the blog go just because I had turned in my thesis and graduated. I don't want to merely "shelve" my thesis nor do I want all that I got from my time at Naropa to lie dormant. I want my thesis to continue to live and breathe and become, and I would like all the teachings and experiences I had during my time at Naropa to do the same. So I am keeping the blog (changing the title), and am commiting to myself to (w)rite on as I journey forward.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thoughts on Saturday...oh, and what happened to Friday?


Missed posting yesterday and have little to post today. Preparing for half-marathon walk tomorrow and need a day (especially since I was up early this A.M. in order to get downtown to the Expo to get my race number and t-shirt).

Though I need to focus on my thesis, I also need some down time.

Last night was a terrific springboard to this final semester. I spent the evening with Debbie at her house, swapping books, articles, thoughts and yummy food. We both agreed how fortunate we are to have one another so close by, to be able to share time and experiences (i.e. Shambhala training, book signings, and meals).

Last night Debbie introduced me to one of her inner methods - drawing exercises from a mandala book/CD. We worked with black paper and white pencils, going from light to dark. Though I actually took a little nap break (I was exhausted from my week), I relished the exercise. It was relaxing and meditative (photo of my drawing above). Best part: being invited to share in Debbie's practice with her. Her excitement was so lovely and joyous, and it gave me an opportunity to experience what is working for her.

At the end of the evening, we were going over the Thesis syllabus: Holy S***! I told her, "I have to go. I have to go home and work on my thesis!!" I left feeling exhilarated and anxious.
Tomorrow evening: the (Thesis) games (really) begin!

No comments: