There is Life After the Thesis

After chronicling my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences throughout the thesis process on this blog (formerly entitled Rites of a Thesis), it seemed odd to me to simply let the blog go just because I had turned in my thesis and graduated. I don't want to merely "shelve" my thesis nor do I want all that I got from my time at Naropa to lie dormant. I want my thesis to continue to live and breathe and become, and I would like all the teachings and experiences I had during my time at Naropa to do the same. So I am keeping the blog (changing the title), and am commiting to myself to (w)rite on as I journey forward.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

There are Days Off and Then There are Off Days

Today I took a day off from my thesis. I did nothing except some inner methods this morning.

Last week I had a couple of "off" days. Writing was laborious. Focus was nowhere to be found.

The difference between a day off and an off day is choice. Choosing to take a day "away from" is a whole different ball game then having a day that "gets away."

Tomorrow night I have a thesis "date." My thesis and I are going to spend some intimate time together. Because I have chosen to do so.

Today was today. And in the spirit of Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day."

No comments: