There is Life After the Thesis

After chronicling my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences throughout the thesis process on this blog (formerly entitled Rites of a Thesis), it seemed odd to me to simply let the blog go just because I had turned in my thesis and graduated. I don't want to merely "shelve" my thesis nor do I want all that I got from my time at Naropa to lie dormant. I want my thesis to continue to live and breathe and become, and I would like all the teachings and experiences I had during my time at Naropa to do the same. So I am keeping the blog (changing the title), and am commiting to myself to (w)rite on as I journey forward.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Greeked Out!




Well, not really...but I am pretty pooped from today. I have so much to share about today, but I am tuckered out. Along with Greek Fest, today is my birthday. I can't think of a much better day. My students (and parents) celebrated with me, our Greek Festival was terrific in so many different ways, and my father came to visit me from California this evening.

Today "took the cake" - along with being presented with one (made by one of my "moms" - see photos above) - as far as birthdays go.

I am blessed.

1 comment:

Joan Griffin said...

Happy Birthday, Nikky!! How ever could I have missed such a momentous occasion!

May your year be one of abundance... abundance of love, abundance of peace, abundance of challenge, abundance of success, of joy and health and happiness... XOXO