There is Life After the Thesis

After chronicling my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences throughout the thesis process on this blog (formerly entitled Rites of a Thesis), it seemed odd to me to simply let the blog go just because I had turned in my thesis and graduated. I don't want to merely "shelve" my thesis nor do I want all that I got from my time at Naropa to lie dormant. I want my thesis to continue to live and breathe and become, and I would like all the teachings and experiences I had during my time at Naropa to do the same. So I am keeping the blog (changing the title), and am commiting to myself to (w)rite on as I journey forward.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thoughts on Thursday

Went to bed far, far too late last night (and missed posting here on the blog. S**t! I'm not perfect!) and woke up with a feeling reminiscent of a hangover, sans the alcohol. I overslept and upon awakening, I did have a feeling I was back in the "old days." Ugh.

No Morning Pages. No Awareness Walk. No Meditation. No Shower. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh, and ugh!

My day went surprisingly well, despite.

Tonight I received feedback from my thesis advisor, Mary. I am so grateful for that right now. I so very much need an outside perspective. Someone objective. And someone who can offer me suggestions and questions and ideas on how to really get specific with my work. I am so "in" it, that I can't see my work clearly - even when I step away from it for a bit and come back to it.

Tomorrow night I am going to read over Mary's words again with my thesis proposal in hand, and then make notes and chart my path.

Now, I'm going to get some sleep.

No comments: